For your most high-stakes conversations,
I'm here to get you through that first step and beyond.
Carolyn Finney, M.A.
One of the incalculable rewards of my work as a mediator and conflict coach is witnessing our clients’ sense of pride and accomplishment at the conclusion of their process. Options have been invented; doors opened where none were thought to exist; hopefulness kindled in place of frustration and despair. Our clients depart often surprised by their capacity for innovative thinking, resilience, and forward-facing perspectives.
My colleagues and clients inspire me daily, and I’ve learned from them that mediation isn’t just a vocation; it’s a philosophical mindset with the potential to greatly enrich how we interact with our extended family, our community, and the world at large. I also facilitate our office’s workshops on dealing with high conflict individuals, and I serve as a coach for attorneys, therapists, retired judges and others seeking mediation training and certification.
- Harvard Program on Negotiation, Specialization in Negotiation and Dispute Resolution
- Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, M.A.
- Duke University, B.A.
Specialized Mediation Training
- Mediating with High Conflict Individuals
- Conflict Coaching
- Narrative Mediation
- Advanced Elder/Adult Family Mediation
- The Power of Apology
- Trauma-informed Mediation
- Nonviolent Communication (NVC)